Adding Oil Rinsing To Your Natural Hair Regimen
Do you want to spruce up your Natural Hair Regimen? Do you want to try something new? Well I got just the thing. Try Adding Oil Rinsing To Your Natural Hair Regimen.
Recently I have been experimenting with oil rinsing and have now decided to add it to my natural hair regimen. I have tried it 2 ways and absolutely love it.
So, what on earth is oil rinsing?
Oil rinsing is where you add a lot of oil to your wet hair after cleansing and rinsing it off with water.
My experience with oil rinsing:
I have tried it in 2 different variations. Below I list how I did each method and my thoughts on each.
- I first tried it with the clear castor oil. I haven't been using this oil in a while so why not experiment with it right? I shampooed and conditioned my hair, and then I added the castor oil. Seeing that it was my first time I did not know what to expect but I instantly realize how supple my hair was. Soft and lovely. Castor oil is very thick but it was easy to work with on my wet hair. I towel dried it and added my leave in and that was it. My hair was soft for days.
- On the next wash day I decided to try oil rinsing in a LOC Method kind of way. I shampooed then I added the oil to my hair and scalp - massaging my scalp and making sure that the ends are covered with oil. After applying the oil I noticed I was able to finger detangle easily. I was like Damnnnnnnn! I followed up with a wide tooth comb and it was a real breeze. I then added conditioner to my hair put cap on and showered. When I rinsed if all out I felt like slapping myself for not trying this sooner. My hair was suuuuper duper soft. I wish a photo could show how it felt. This method is my favorite. I tried this method with both coconut and castor oil and loved it both.
I loved oil rinsing on my natural hair. Why wasn't I doing this before? I have been trying this out for 2 weeks and now I can say that I will never stop.
I have noticed 6 big benefits of oil rinsing my hair:
- Wayyyyyyy less shedding overtime
- No joke, I am yet to see a single-strand knot
- Detangling is so much easier
- You can cut down on moisturizing time. Just add your cream or butter to seal in the moisture and your good.
- My hair retained moisture longer than usual.
- If you have scalp eczema or dandruff, then I highly suggest that you try oil rinsing and work the oil into your scalp. This helped me a lot with my scalp issues.
P.S. So that you do not miss a blog post, giveaway notices or any other important information please Subscribe To The Newsletter by clicking here: http://eepurl.com/ALjx9