My New Baby - Keurig 2.0 - Product Review
Keurig 2.0 Product Review
I have always wanted a Keurig - way before the husband and the baby was even a dream. However, a new pair of shoes or a handbag always came in the way. What single woman can pass up a good pair of shoes or bag for electronics? But now, priorities have changed. The simple life is now required and my Keurig 2.0 is the beginning.
My need for coffee or tea right when I need it has been fullfilled. Not after I pull out the teapot, fill it up with water, wait for it to boil to make my tea or my instant coffee but actually right here this second. Oh, and I have been dying to be able to brew ground coffee instead of instant coffee for ages. But making a pot of coffee for myself made no sense whatsoever so a regular brewer was pointless. Derrick won't drink coffee if I paid him; so all that good coffee will be thrown out after I have had a cup or two. With my new Keurig I can have what I want and just enough for me with the single server brewer option. Oh and Derrick can get his hot chocolate on demand - the only hot beverage that he tolerates.
So let's talk about the good and the bad.
- The price is not bad at all. I stepped into my own pocket and paid $119 at Costco for the Keurig 2.0 and I am very happy that I did. Also, I got a ton of free K-cup packs to use from different brands and strengths. My husband bought me that cute stand to store my K-Cups and I think its quite 'chic'. Thanks boo!
- It's REALLY quick. No more standing in those crazy lines at Starbucks and Joe's for a a cup of coffee. Brewing a very nice cup of coffee literally took seconds with absolutely no clean up whatsoever. Ain't that heaven? Push a button and your done.
- The reservoir is quite large. Unlike most single server Brewers from Keurig this one has a very large but slick reservoir. This means that you will be able to go daysssssss without filling up the machine with water. I did say that I wanted the simple life right? Lol! I love it.
- It's not only a single server brewer. The Keurig 2.0 comes with a carafe where you can brew a big jug of coffee, tea or hot chocolate. I might not get much use out of this unless I can find iced tea carafe packs for when we have company over. I cannot comment on the carafe because I have not used that part of the keuriq.
- Abundance of coffee and tea choices! I swear there is a K-Cup for every brand of coffee. I might be exaggerating a little but not by much. I love that I can buy lots of variety packs from many retailers like Target, Walmart, Keurig and Costco.
- You cannot use a reusable filter so as to make your own coffee as with the older Keurig models. You have to buy K-Cups. However, I am sure either Keurig or a third party company will design a reusable cup for this model.
If you are a coffee or tea drinker you will love this machine!